Submission deadline: July 31, 2020
Lead Guest Editor
- Maria Potop-Butucaru, Sorbonne University, France
- Maurice Herlihy, Brown University, USA
- Ariel Orda, Technion, Israel
- Stefano Secci, CNAM, France
Topics of interest for this special issue include but are not limited to:
- Distributed protocols for blockchains
- Performance evaluation of blockchain protocols
- Security and privacy of blockchains
- Software-defined networks and blockchains
- Blockchain technology for IoT, cloud
- Federated blockchains
- Internet of blockchains
- Network control-plane security and operations using block
- Interoperability and interconnection of blockchain networks
- Cybersecurity and blockchains
- Blockchains as a service
- Stable coins and applications
Blockchain technologies are emerging as key technical solution for fully decentralizing social and economic activities such as notary, trading or banking. Recently, blockchains appear to be an appealing solution for governing key control operations for future network architectures, cloud computing services and IoT systems.
This special issue is devoted to all aspects related to blockchain technology viewed as a distributed system that runs on top of a communication network. It aims at encouraging the publication of results emerging from the collaboration between networking and distributed systems specialists in order to design and master complex blockchain-based applications.
Papers must describe original research that advances state-of-the-art research and must not be simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be written in excellent English and should not exceed 20 pages. Previously published or accepted conference papers must contain at least 30% new material to be considered for the special issue. A covering letter to the Guest editors clearly describing the extensions made must accompany these types of submissions.
All submissions must be made using the instructions available at: http://annalsoftelecommunications.wp.mines-telecom.fr/how-to-publish/
The authors can directly submit their papers at: https://www.editorialmanager.com/ante/ and must select the item “CfP: Blockchains Networking and Distributed Protocols” when answering the submission questionnaire (additional information stage).
Each submission will undergo a fast track evaluation by at least two experts of the field. At the end of the first round a first decision will be sent to authors with rejection, acceptance, or minor revision. The reviewers will check revised versions and a final decision will be made.
- Manuscript submission July 31, 2020
- Online with DOI As soon as accepted
- Printed issue Early 2021